In out-of-the-way places of the heart,
Where your thoughts never think to wander,
This beginning has been quietly forming,
Waiting until you were ready to emerge.
For a long time it has watched your desire,
Feeling the emptiness growing inside you,
Noticing how you willed yourself on,
Still unable to leave what you had outgrown.
It watched you play with the seduction of safety
And the gray promises that sameness whispered,
Heard the waves of turmoil rise and relent,
Wondered would you always live like this.
Then the delight, when your courage kindled,
And out you stepped onto new ground,
Your eyes young again with energy and dream,
A path of plenitude opening before you.
Though your destination is not yet clear
You can trust the promise of this opening;
Unfurl yourself into the grace of beginning
That is one with your life’s desire.
Awaken your spirit to adventure;
Hold nothing back, learn to find ease in risk;
Soon you will be home in a new rhythm,
For your soul senses the world that awaits you.
~John O’Donohue. To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings
Picture found here.
- Blessings of the Equinox to you. May we all find our own balance. 4 hours ago
- RT @joshtpm: PHOTOS: Thousands Demonstrate In New York Climate March @TPM talkingpointsmemo.com/news/climate-m… 14 hours ago
- RT @350: A beautiful prayer for climate action from Archbishop Desmond Tutu ahead of #PeoplesClimate. Grateful for his words. http://t.co/7… 1 day ago
- RT @MorpheusRavenna: Gorgeous: if I can’t have excarnation, just put me here, ok? Don’t miss the story about the butterfly. http://t.co/6az… 2 days ago
- RT @SharmaShields: A quote from Kate Bernheimer graces the first pages of Lilac City Fairy Tales. @fairytalereview http://t.co/2Szr2cH3Vv 2 days ago
- RT @msmagazine: We hope these fearless women geniuses inspire you all weekend long! bit.ly/1yjOpzv 2 days ago
- RT @WendyDavisTexas: .@GregAbbott_TX would make abortion illegal in cases of rape & incest. He’s not fighting for TX women. #TeamWendy #Tex… 2 days ago
- “What would happen if one woman told the truth about her life?The world would split open.” ― Muriel Rukeyser 2 days ago