In out-of-the-way places of the heart,
Where your thoughts never think to wander,
This beginning has been quietly forming,
Waiting until you were ready to emerge.
For a long time it has watched your desire,
Feeling the emptiness growing inside you,
Noticing how you willed yourself on,
Still unable to leave what you had outgrown.
It watched you play with the seduction of safety
And the gray promises that sameness whispered,
Heard the waves of turmoil rise and relent,
Wondered would you always live like this.
Then the delight, when your courage kindled,
And out you stepped onto new ground,
Your eyes young again with energy and dream,
A path of plenitude opening before you.
Though your destination is not yet clear
You can trust the promise of this opening;
Unfurl yourself into the grace of beginning
That is one with your life’s desire.
Awaken your spirit to adventure;
Hold nothing back, learn to find ease in risk;
Soon you will be home in a new rhythm,
For your soul senses the world that awaits you.
~John O’Donohue. To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings
Picture found here.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- A Place Without a Witch–Chapter Forty-Two
- John Barleycorn Must Die — Music for Lughnasadah
- Another Interview with a Witch Concerning Dealing with Local Officials
- May the Goddess Guard Her. May She Find Her Way to the Summerlands. May Her Friends & Family Know Peace.
- Sunday Ballet Blogging
- Fields of Gold
- Bonus Wednesday Night Poetry Blogging
- A Song for Lughnasadah
- Advice Following Town of Greece from a Witch with Experience
- A Place Without a Witch — Chapter Forty-One