In out-of-the-way places of the heart,
Where your thoughts never think to wander,
This beginning has been quietly forming,
Waiting until you were ready to emerge.
For a long time it has watched your desire,
Feeling the emptiness growing inside you,
Noticing how you willed yourself on,
Still unable to leave what you had outgrown.
It watched you play with the seduction of safety
And the gray promises that sameness whispered,
Heard the waves of turmoil rise and relent,
Wondered would you always live like this.
Then the delight, when your courage kindled,
And out you stepped onto new ground,
Your eyes young again with energy and dream,
A path of plenitude opening before you.
Though your destination is not yet clear
You can trust the promise of this opening;
Unfurl yourself into the grace of beginning
That is one with your life’s desire.
Awaken your spirit to adventure;
Hold nothing back, learn to find ease in risk;
Soon you will be home in a new rhythm,
For your soul senses the world that awaits you.
~John O’Donohue. To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings
Picture found here.
- RT @NWF: Facts about Halloween's most BOO-tiful creatures -- including bats, spiders & ravens: bit.ly/1zOYNzQ http://t.co/5GMPoPIxX3 11 hours ago
- I belong to all of your mysteries. ~ @DeltaRae 11 hours ago
- RT @Orion_Magazine: New from @RichLouv: Six Promising Trends for the New Nature Movement ~ bit.ly/1u3OyoJ 16 hours ago
- RT @twoscooters: Peaceful protests in Ferguson? Thugs. Massive riots in SF? "Revelers" sfgate.com/bayarea/articl… HMMM WHAT COULD BE THE DIF… 19 hours ago
- RT @Echidne: Wolf Whistles, Cat Calls And The Gauntlet of Compliments echidneofthesnakes.blogspot.com/2014/10/wolf-w… 1 day ago
- RT @poetshouse: Our very good friend Galway Kinnell has passed. nytimes.com/2014/10/30/boo… 1 day ago
- RT @PoetryArchive: Our featured poem this week is ‘Bookends’ by Tony Harrison. Listen and download here: bit.ly/1tgRtIV 2 days ago
- RT @Wikipatia: 10/281886 — Statue of Liberty dedicated in NY Harbor; wmn barred from the event bcz it was deemed 2 be too crowded & rough 4… 2 days ago
- Bonus Song for Samhein — Our Souls Are Bound to Older Ground
- Radical Amazement and Undermining the Patriarchy Every Chance I Get (and I Get a Lot of Chances)
- May the Goddess Guard Him. May He Find His Way to the Summerlands. May His Friends and Family Know Peace.
- A Time to Connect with Ancestors
- Daily Practice — Time to Switch Things Up?
- Sunday Ballet Blogging
- Change Consciousness at Will
- And I Only Am Escaped Alone to Tell Thee
- Monday Halloween Poetry Blogging
- Sunday Ballet Blogging