- RT @VirginiaNOW: Thanks Eileen Davis!! Contact your Senators esp Mark Warner, Al Franken, Dianne Feinstein, and Elizabeth Warren... http:/… 8 hours ago
- Almost curtain time @nycballet http://t.co/nu7FPdwCQG 12 hours ago
- Ok weather gods please stop the storm. I don't get to NYC that often 15 hours ago
- RT @SamSeder: I'm so old I don't remember liberal calls for respect when #codepink "heckled" at the 2004 RNC. 15 hours ago
- RT @ErinPDX2: I supported Code Pink when Bush did it, I support them when Obama does it. #consistency 15 hours ago
- RT @ErinPDX2: @tbogg @kgosztola She doesn't care what she looks like, another reason she is an American Hero. 15 hours ago
- RT @Occupy_DC: "Can you tell the Muslim people their lives are as precious as our lives?" @medeabenjamin asks @barackobama | http://t.co/8f… 15 hours ago
- RT @xeni: Just a note: Code Pink activist Medea Benjamin, whom the President addressed as “that young lady interrupting me,” is 60 years ol… 15 hours ago
Tag Archives: YouTube
I could watch this ballet a hundred times and still want to see it a hundred times more.
The bad news: having to work later than usual and being caught in rush hour traffic.
The good news: sun breaking through thunderheads over the Potomac and Sleepers Awake on the radio.
Sleeping, of course, reminds me of Rumi:
And, an open door, of course, reminds me of this:
What stirred your memories today?
hat tip: Jan
I am the old women on the folding chairs. I am the young maidens, watching and longing for their turn. I am the young women with strong backs, making the maypole glad.
I AM the wind which breathes upon the sea,
I am the wave of the ocean,
I am the murmur of the billows,
I am the ox of the seven combats,
I am the vulture upon the rocks,
I am a beam of the sun,
I am the fairest of plants,
I am a wild boar in valour,
I am a salmon in the water,
I am a lake in the plain,
I am a word of science,
I am the point of the lance in battle,
I am the God who creates the fire in the head.
Who is it who throws light into the meeting on the mountain?
Who announces the ages of the moon?
Who teaches the place where couches the sun?
I am the stag of seven tines;
I am the wide flood on the plain;
I am the wind across deep waters.
I am the sun’s bright tear;
I am the hawk descending from the cliff;
I am the beauty of the flowers.
I am the battle-keening spear;
I am the red-tusked boar;
I am the roaring raging sea.
I am the sea’s seventh wave;
I am the salmon in the pool;
I am the mountain full of poetry.
I am the god who sets the brain afire with swirling smoke.
To whom but I are known the whispers of the unhewn stone?
~ Author unknown