Is ‘vagina’ suitable for use
in a sonnet? I don’t suppose so.
A famous poet told me, ‘Vagina’s ugly.’
Meaning, of course, the sound of it. In poems.
Meanwhile he inserts his penis frequently
into his verse, calling it, seriously, ‘My
Penis’. It is short, I know, and dignified.
I mean of course the sound of it. In poems.
This whole thing is unfortunate, but petty,
like my hangup concerning English Dept memos
headed ‘Mr/Mrs/Miss’ – only a fishbone
In the throat of the revolution –
a waste of brains – to be concerned about
this minor issue of my cunt’s good name.
– Joan Larkin
Picture found here
- RT @spockosbrain: When @Lawrence talks about Republican leadership in the House he should we talk about previous House leaders. What else d… 1 hour ago
- RT @grantxfox: Just a few days ago @GlennYoungkin was bragging about getting endorsed by this guy. https://t.co/ILiqLWBYs2 1 hour ago
- RT @hugolowell: New: House Republican Adam Kinzinger says he warned McCarthy days before Jan. 6 his rhetoric would stoke violence — “Kevin… 1 hour ago
- RT @nycsouthpaw: Mississippi, which won’t expand Medicaid despite a 90-10 federal subsidy, paid $1.1m out of its ‘temporary assistance for… 1 hour ago
- twitter.com/glennyoungkin/… https://t.co/9CWLRojmeI 1 hour ago
- RT @emptywheel: Good question from Zoe Lofgren: Why did USCP monitor 3-4 counterprotestors but not the 200 Proud Boys gathering by the Capi… 1 hour ago
- RT @vademocrats: "In Glenn Youngkin, the Virginia GOP has nominated a far-right extremist who has demonstrated total allegiance to Donald T… 1 hour ago
- RT @mhdksafa: Interesting that no one ever talks about how McDonald's CEO making $8,653 an hour will drive up the price of a burger and fri… 1 hour ago