“And so the Shortest Day came and the year died
And everywhere down the centuries of the snow-white world
Came people singing, dancing,
To drive the dark away.
They lighted candles in the winter trees;
They hung their homes with evergreen;
They burned beseeching fires all night long
To keep the year alive.
And when the new year’s sunshine blazed awake
They shouted, revelling.
Through all the frosty ages you can hear them
Echoing behind us – listen!
All the long echoes, sing the same delight,
This Shortest Day,
As promise wakens in the sleeping land:
They carol, feast, give thanks,
And dearly love their friends,
And hope for peace.
And now so do we, here, now,
This year and every year.”
- RT @Athenae: Fuck Donald Trump, the party that enables him, the people who voted for him and anyone who finds any way to justify any of thi… 6 hours ago
- RT @driverminnie: Gosh it’s so *interesting how men with all these opinions about women’s differentiation between sexual misconduct, assaul… 8 hours ago
- RT @politicalwire: Trump Offered Meeting with Putin at Start of Campaign buff.ly/2Cgmqo2 11 hours ago
- RT @JuddLegum: You know the Republicans are really proud of their tax bill because they are releasing it at 4:30PM on a Friday 11 hours ago
- RT @JamilSmith: The man who shot up Aztec High School last week was a white supremacist who glorified school shooters on alt-right websites… 11 hours ago
- RT @nedprice: Periodic reminder that he fired Comey, claiming the Clinton investigation was rigged... AGAINST her. All the lies are hard to… 12 hours ago
- RT @KenDilanianNBC: Trump signed a 17-page letter of intent in October 2015 to negotiate a Trump Tower Moscow, according to his attorney, M… 12 hours ago
- RT @eclecticbrotha: The Resistance is led by women. Which also explains why so many men are desperately trying to discredit it. https://t.c… 12 hours ago