- RT @sbg1: Reminder: Vladimir Putin was a KGB officer. He’s good at reading the briefing book and can spout his points for hours>>> Putin ou… 5 hours ago
- RT @Delavegalaw: Calling the President's conduct childish is accurate, but it gravely minimizes its seriousness. The simple truth is that,… 5 hours ago
- RT @JoaquinCastrotx: Six children dead in eight months. No child had died for ten years before. This is an epidemic of death that deman… 5 hours ago
- RT @Strandjunker: Keep up the drum beat: Who paid off Brett Kavanaugh’s $92,000 country club fees plus his $200,000 credit card debt plus h… 6 hours ago
- Democratic. twitter.com/progressive_va… 6 hours ago
- RT @slpng_giants: Hello @INFINITIUSA. Tonight, you advertised on Tucker Carlson Tonight, whose host has said immigrants make our country “p… 6 hours ago
- RT @chrislhayes: Interesting: @KatieHill4CA, who's in a frontline swing district just told me calls to her office have flipped from being 2… 6 hours ago
- RT @politicsmichael: One of the many reasons why I am voting for @parisa4justice insidenova.com/opinion/letter… 8 hours ago
- Happy 100th Anniversary, 19th Amendment. May the Next 100 Years Make Patriarchy Even More Sorry that We Got the Vote.
- (Belated) Monday at the Movies
- The Magical Battle for America 5.19.19
- Full Flower Moon Potpourri
- Climate Crisis
- When They Go Low, We Blow It All Sky High.
- Words for Wednesday
- And the Grift Goes On
- Monday at the Movies
Tag Archives: Love
Driving home late from work, I couldn’t help but enjoy the couple kissing madly at the intersection of New Hampshire Avenue and M Streets, she standing on a little garden wall to be tall enough. It’s a warm evening and Jupiter and Venus are shining through the clouds.
Here’s a poem for lovers. I’ve always loved the closing lines:
My heart is like a singing bird
Whose nest is in a water’d shoot;
My heart is like an apple-tree
Whose boughs are bent with thickset fruit;
My heart is like a rainbow shell
That paddles in a halcyon sea;
My heart is gladder than all these
Because my love is come to me.
Raise me a dais of silk and down;
Hang it with vair and purple dyes;
Carve it in doves and pomegranates,
And peacocks with a hundred eyes;
Work it in gold and silver grapes,
In leaves and silver fleurs-de-lys;
Because the birthday of my life
Is come, my love is come to me.
Picture found here.