- This, this, this. twitter.com/waltshaub/stat… 7 hours ago
- RT @sadydoyle: Because you can express gender solidarity and still have serious, substantive disagreements, and somehow the two remaining f… 7 hours ago
- RT @matthewamiller: So DOJ's position on Stone is that the enhancements should be applied but then ignored based on a sentencing memo the p… 7 hours ago
- RT @TomJChicago: Trump is tweeting while Stone is being sentenced by Judge Jackson. If Barr doesn't resign now after his two "warnings" via… 7 hours ago
- RT @Public_Citizen: .@AOC: Progressive policies are always talked about in ten-year price tags, conservative policies are always talked abo… 8 hours ago
- RT @meenaharris: Raise your hand if you’ve been sexually harassed and were told it was “just a joke.” twitter.com/mj_lee/status/… 8 hours ago
- RT @benjaminwittes: I’m going to go there and just say it: 78 is too old to be elected president. twitter.com/grace_segers/s… 10 hours ago
- RT @eclecticbrotha: Bernie's the guy that demanded new DNC rules that open the door for a brokered convention where no one can win on the 1… 10 hours ago
Tag Archives: Love
Driving home late from work, I couldn’t help but enjoy the couple kissing madly at the intersection of New Hampshire Avenue and M Streets, she standing on a little garden wall to be tall enough. It’s a warm evening and Jupiter and Venus are shining through the clouds.
Here’s a poem for lovers. I’ve always loved the closing lines:
My heart is like a singing bird
Whose nest is in a water’d shoot;
My heart is like an apple-tree
Whose boughs are bent with thickset fruit;
My heart is like a rainbow shell
That paddles in a halcyon sea;
My heart is gladder than all these
Because my love is come to me.
Raise me a dais of silk and down;
Hang it with vair and purple dyes;
Carve it in doves and pomegranates,
And peacocks with a hundred eyes;
Work it in gold and silver grapes,
In leaves and silver fleurs-de-lys;
Because the birthday of my life
Is come, my love is come to me.
Picture found here.