If you’re doing magical Resistance work, you should really get ahold of and read The Magical Battle of Britain. This collection of the letters that Dion Fortune wrote to her magical group during World War II demonstrates how England’s occult workers fought the Nazis. Fortune sent out a series of magical workings for her followers to perform on the astral plane. The plan was for everyone to work together on the same day of the week, at the same time. Sable Aradia’s written an excellent summary of what Fortune did and how it worked. She explains, inter alia, that:
Dion Fortune’s magickal act worked on several sound magickal theories:
- She believed that trained ritualists could combine their efforts to influence the collective Will of the British people, not any one individual.
- She utilized easily-recognizable culturally-based spirits and egregors whose meaning would be intuitively understood by thousands of people.
- She drew upon spirits and egregors already associated with the purpose for which they’d been called.
- She created simple acts of magick that could be easily imitated, and contributed to, by a wide range of individuals in disparate geographical locations.
- She was doing a Working in a cause that thousands of people were passionate about.
It seems to me that any act of magick intended to influence the actions of such a large group of people would do well to keep these principles in mind. Trying to get a large group of people to do something complicated is challenging. Trying to get them to do something simple that they feel strongly about is much easier.
Beginning next Saturday, I’m going to post a weekly series of similar workings adapted to these times and to the current Resistance. I don’t expect, in today’s world, that everyone will be able to work at the same time, but I also think that’s less important, especially on the astral level, than it is for as many people as possible to engage in the work. However, to the extent that you can set aside a regular time each week when you’ll join the working, that’s probably a good thing.
Here’s some prepatory work that I’d like to ask you to do.
- Place and/or strengthen the wards on your home (or the place from which you’ll do the working). This doesn’t have to take a long time and you can find online a number of ways to do it.
- Read Sable Aradia’s summary and, if you can, get a copy of Fortune’s book and read that.
- Decide when and where you’ll do the work. If possible, you may want to make a small altar with pictures of your ancestors, pictures of American mythical and/or historic figures, a candle, flags, whatever reminds you of why you joined the Resistance.
- If you feel comfortable doing so, please leave a comment below explaining why you will commit to this work.
Our country and our world are under attack from dark forces. As a wise person once said, “We’re Witches. We should do something about that.”
I shan’t be gone long. You come, too.
Picture found here.